“The mind has been compared to a stage on which only one act at a time can be performed. From one side of the wings the Lord, who loves you, is trying to put on the stage of your mind that which will bless you. From the other side of the wings the devil, who hates you, is trying to put on the stage of your mind that which will curse you. You are the stage manager—you are the one who decides which thought will occupy the stage. Remember, the Lord wants you to have a fulness of joy like His. The devil wants all men to be miserable like him. You are the one who must decide which thoughts you will accept. You are free to choose—but you are not free to alter the results of those choices. You will be what you think about—what you consistently allow to occupy the stage of your mind. Sometimes you may have difficulty driving off the stage of your mind a certain evil thought. We should not invite the devil to give us a stage presentation. Usually, with our hardly realizing it, he slips into our thoughts. Our accountability begins with how we handle the evil thought immediately after it is presented. Like Jesus, we should positively and promptly terminate the temptation. We should not allow the devil to elaborate with all his insidious reasoning. It is our privilege to fill our memories with good and great thoughts and bring them out on the stage of our minds at will. When the Lord faced His three great temptations in the wilderness, He immediately answered the devil with appropriate scripture which He had stored in His memory.” – Ezra Taft Benson
– You can only entertain one thought at a time.
– Thoughts that come from God are a blessing & thoughts that come from the devil are a curse.
– You are free to choose your thoughts, but you are not free to alter the results of those choices.
– You become what you think about.
– The devil slips into your thoughts with your hardly realizing it. Accountability begins with how you handle the thought after it is presented.
– Like Jesus, choose to positively & promptly terminate the temptation.
– Fill your memory with good thoughts so that you can bring them onto the stage of your mind when temptation appears.